Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hot Deal on Cereal and Milk at Giant

So in addition to the reasons mentioned in the previous post, I had a great deal at Giant this week that re-sparked my excitement and I wanted to share with everyone.



I took 3 trips to the store to gather all that cereal. Here's how the deal works: Buy 4 boxes of GM cereals, get $6.00 off instantly. Also, you get a coupon for a free Gallon of milk (coupon is worth $4.50 to cover pretty much all milks) on your next purchase. There are coupons on coupons.com and smartsource right now for various GM cereals (remember that most Giant's will double only 1 of each coupon per transaction) to help lower the costs.

Added bonus, if you look at the Lucky Charms boxes on the left there, the top box says "FREE MOVIE TICKET" if you purchase two boxes. I have seen reports online of many varieties of cereal that have that deal printed on it, but in the two stores I visited I only found Lucky Charms boxes with the deal.

So here are the transactions I've completed thus far:



Did this first one twice:
2 boxes Lucky Charms @ $3.69/ea (got the bigger boxes to get the movie ticket promo)
- 1 printed coupon $0.55 (doubled to $1.00)
- 1 printed coupon $0.55
1 Box Cocoa Puffs @ $3.09
- 1 printed coupon $0.55 (doubled to $1.00) - was on coupons.com last month, no longer available
1 Box Honey Nut Cheerios @ $3.09
- 1 printed coupon $0.55 (doubled to $1.00)

Deducting the $6.00 for "Buy 4 boxes" deal brings total out of pocket to $4.01 plus a coupon for the free milk and a free movie ticket.

Third Transaction:
1 boxes Lucky Charms @ $3.09/ea
- 1 printed coupon $0.55 (doubled to $1.00)
1 Box Cinnamon Toast Crunch @ $2.69
- 1 printed coupon $0.55 (doubled to $1.00)
1 Box Cheerios @ $2.59
1 Box Basic Four @ $3.19
- 1 printed coupon $1.00 off 2 boxes of GM cereal

Deducting the $6.00 for "Buy 4 boxes" deal brings total out of pocket to $2.56 plus a coupon for the free milk.

My total Out of Pocket was $10.58, plus 3 free Gallons of milk, and 2 free movie tickets!


If you just want a really cheap milk, best deal I saw is:
4 Boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch @ $2.69
- 4 printed coupons for $0.55 off Cinnamon Toast Crunch. (with doubling that's $2.65 in coupons)
- $6.00 for "Buy 4 boxes" deal

= $2.11 out of pocket and get a coupon for the free milk.

Get the milk cheap and you can donate the cereal if you're not a fan.

2 comments:

  1. How do you keep everything organized?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annemarie, I have used a variety of methods as I've evolved my coupon use over the years. I currently am sporting a pretty extensive coupon binder. Perhaps showcasing that will make for an interesting post in the near future.

    ReplyDelete