Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mission Statement

I've decided to start this blog for a few reasons. First, I've become a scattered resource for friends and family for some of the really great shopping deals and Internet Freebies I've come across. So in order to feel like I'm sharing as much as I can, I wanted a simple place to post the deals I've found for everyone.

Second, it appears most of the deal hunting, money saving blogs are written by mommies for mommies. So I wanted to become a beacon of fatherhood in the land of "mommy bloggers". Nothing against them, and I'd be probably over a $1000 poorer over the last two years and would have had to make many more sacrifices once our son was born. Many are great women with incredible stories and I admire them greatly. I just was looking for a male voice out here and when I couldn't find it, I thought I might as well do it myself. And since I'm not a stay-at-home Dad, I may lean on linking to my favorites to help report the deals.

Third, I cannot seem to find a good voice in the Lehigh Valley, so again I'm looking to attempt to fill those shoes. So (initially) I'll be focusing on stores folks in the Lehigh Valley Metro area can work with, and skipping over some of the other national brands that seem to overlook us. Optimistically I'm hoping to start with Giant (PA), Redners, Wegmans, Pathmark, Weis, Fresh Market, CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Target. Most will probably be reposts and links from other blogs, but it should help pass along the reliant info for LV shopping without having to sort through everything else.

And Finally, I wanted a place to showcase some of my great deals and try and help/encourage some others to save a bunch of money as they want.

I'm very open to comments, questions, and suggestions. Drop and email or a comment. Even if it's just to say hi (so I don't think I'm writing to myself).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steve! I love your blog! I just checked it out today and already printed some cupons I plan to use soon! Thanks for being a great resource! -Colleen

    ReplyDelete